Updated: May 10, 2021
One of the easiest ways to make a shift towards a zero waste lifestyle is to change the way you think and prepare for your grocery shopping. You don't need much! Simplicity is key.
This is what you will need to do:
1. Bring your own reusable containers, canvas bags, glass jars... We are huge advocates of re-using any items so please bring along any container that you like. For food the container will be weighed. For liquids, please ensure the volume is visible on the container.
If you dont have one, dont worry! We will be selling different types of reusable containers in-store.
2. Pay once you have done all your shopping :)
This is what we will do for you:
1. We will place any empty container on the scale and print a label/write directly on the container the number it provides you with. This is now the weight of this container and can remain on the container for future use.
2. We will fill them up to with desired product and the quantity of your needs
3. We will place the container back onto the scale, type in the weight number you received in step 1 and print a ticket (or write) the weight and price calculated. Then you can pay for your product!
This method prevents a ton of packaging – especially the plastic kind – from reaching the trash bin, landfill and eventually the ocean.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting us - we would love to help you!